Friday, February 14, 2014

Paintings and sketches by Gloria Poole of Missouri

I, Gloria Poole, am putting two oil paintings I painted, and two sketches I drew then painted on this blog.

The first you see here is a set of four small canvases [the smallest canvases I ever painted] that are intended to be a set. Each canvas in the set is 5.5 inches square and is acrylic on canvas not oil. I painted this set of four in year 2012 intended to be a set displayed all together. I made these with acrylic so I could make them heavy impasto and the paint literally is a sort of relief on canvas it is so thick. One is sort of lop-sided. I stand lop-sided a bit [since trauma and surgery to repair fractures and implantation of much metal in my leg to repair it]. So, I have trouble getting canvases to hang perfectly level! I try and try and then quit for a while.

The second photo you see if of a sketch I drew and painted imitating a famous artist [Blue Lady by Renoir, I think is title of the famous painting]. I named this "Imitating Blue Lady" and if you compare this to the original by Renoir, you will see my skills do not match Renoir's! But I keep practicing.

The third photo you see is an oil painting I painted in about 2007 and then repainted some a few years later because I didn't like it to begin with. I named it "mother and daughter at the shore". It is oil paint on canvas board.

The fourth photo you see here is a sketch of two brothers [in my family] in which the older brother is carrying the little brother for some reason. Little kids get tired on walkabouts and somebody usually ends up carrying them or piggy-backing them. This is powdered pastels on paper.

Copyright Notice: I, Gloria Poole, of Missouri [but born in the state of Georgia] and also known as Gloria on art since I sign just my first name in paint on paintings, own all rights to this blog and to all content of it: all photos of mine, all art I created, all the art these photos represent, all the words, poems, lessons, prose, images on this blog. I also own all rights to the art and photos I create in any fashion, form, method, with any tool, on any surface [no reference to Microsoft] for any reason, whether or not I display it anywhere. I am also known on the web as: gloriapoole; Gloria; G-L-O-R-I-A [see http://gloriapoole.wordpress.com and because I built up followers with domains with my name written that way until cyber-criminals broke into my web-hosting accounts to rip them right out of the administrator/owner's GUI; and also as gloria.poole; gloria-poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749; Gloria Poole,RN [and in real life also]; and as gloriapoole.RN; gloria0817; gpoole817; gloriapoole0817; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; and other variations of my real, born with name and legal name of Gloria Poole. I am white, single, Christian, woman and the natural mother of two grown daughters who are Jennifer and Leigh; and a Registered Nurse licensed in Missouri; and a prolife republican as defined by U S Constitution. I am also a blogger, poet, author, photographer [yes, I do take some spectacular photos and many of those are in my Picasa and flickr albums and some in my Microsoft Live albums also.

The reasons I put art I create on my blogs are:

1) because museums are expensive and not all can afford the fees; and I think all people should be able to view decent art [meaning not the sort from perverse distorted, psychotic minds];

2) Because I like to share what I created with the world. I am generous by nature.

3) Because I want to build up a reputation as a serious artist who creates good, enjoyable, beautiful art in a variety of mediums and genres.

4) Because some day, I hope that creating art makes money for me.

Gloria Poole, at my apt in Missouri which is my only residence [for purposes of copyright; but I do own some land in the state of Georgia]; 14-Feb-2014 at 8:48am.

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...