Monday, November 11, 2013

My Salute to Military on Veteran's Day w/ sketches by Gloria Poole

Here are five sketches I created of men who were in some form of the Military in some country. These are sketches only, not paintings, but they are painted in acylics or powdered pastels so are permanent, but on paper not canvas. Today is Veteran's Day in the U S. which is a national holiday. My daddy was a veteran of World War II and he was always so impressed with the U S Military [and so am I}. But other nations also have military which they honor in several ways. In fact, in my email I read today of a cause of Mike Huckabee and the VFW [Veterans of Foreign Wars] to honor a vet, and it has a website honoravetproject.com,to help crowdsource veterans who are often desperate when they return stateside. fyi.

The first sketch is of Flight Lt William Wales, RAF, {Prince William; from BBC news] that I drew/ painted:

The second sketch is the preliminary sketch I drew/created for the oil painting The Scotsman. Obviously you see I modified it quite a bit from the sketch to the painting. But that is the purpose of a sketch--to start to firm up in artist's mind how she wants painting to look.

Third sketch is " a patriot returns home from war":

Fourth sketch is "Capt Moussa" of the continent of Africa that I saw in the news and tried to paint:

Fifth sketch is a Canadian Soldier:

The sixth sketch is an Asian Officer in Navy:

This took me several tries to get right because someone tried to break into my acct from remote, my isp intercepted it, and I had to start again on this entry, which made me anxious that stalker was lurking in my acct from remote. I have never given any password of mine to anybody!

Copyright: I Gloria Poole own all rights to the art I created or do create in the future. I do not have any agents represneting me and have never signed away my copyrights as a blanket waiver. I have these actual sketches I created that are on paper, and own all rights to them, and to all art I create.

Gloria Poole; at my apt in Missouri; 11-Nov-2013 @ 1:17pm; I am also known on art I create as Gloria signed by me in paint on oil paintings and often as Gloria Poole in acrylic, watercolor, ink, or pen on sketches; and on web as gloriapoole; gloria0817; gpoole817; gloria.poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749; G-L-O-R-I-A; and other variations of my real born with name of Gloria Poole. I am white, Christian, single, heterosexual woman and I was born in Ga but live in Missouri since Oct 2009;Gloria Poole; at my apt in Missouri; 11-Nov-2013 @ 1:17pm

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...