Saturday, January 25, 2014

Mixed Media sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri

I am putting here a mixed media sketch I drew and painted this past week from a photo that was in Reuters' news. I did not attempt to copy their image nor did I add in the snow flakes that their photo showed in marco size. I mostly was interested in the cardinal. It is mixed media of watercolors and acrylics on paper in my sketch book. This sketch began as watercolors and I had signed it. The water ran down onto my signature and in other parts of sketch because I had put too much water on the brush. So I repainted it in acrylics, after it had dried a bit but my signature was water-logged. I have other sketches I am adding to other blogs of mine so see those too. The oil painting I am painting is not quite finished so will add it soon.

Also, I almost have finished the most complex oil painting I have ever painted of 5 "people" on canvas. I have five grandchildren from my oldest daughter and two from my youngest daughter; but the oil painting, I am painting is not of my grandchildren. They are at that age "tweener" *when no one is ever sure how they will react; plus I do not want to positively I.D. them to the world that contains all sorts of people. In other words, I painted pretend people to protect the identities of my real grandchildren .

Copyright: I, Gloria Poole own all rights to this blog and to the content of it, in it including all text, all lessons; all essays, all photos, all art created by me Gloria Poole, since it's beginning years ago. Though I divorced a second time, in Arapahoe County District Court , Colorado in Oct 2007 and removed the Pappas name from my name after that second divorce, and resumed my maiden name including my surname of Poole,by Court order at final decree after 4 years of an abusive marriage , I am still the same woman who began this blog and who wrote all posts of it, and who created art for it and who updates it and maintains it. I moved to Missouri on Oct 31, 2009 and I moved the art I had created with me. A few sketches were stolen from me in Colorado and about 10 oil paintings were stolen from me from St Simons Island, GA storage where I put them in yr 1999 . And two oil paintings are in the Eskine Caldwell Museum in Sharpsburg GA, because I donated them; and one is in the St Simons Island Museum [the angel with guitar] because I donated it to them. Except for those mentioned, I have the approximately 850 sketches and oil paintings I have created since about year 1991 in my physical possession in my apartment in Missouri

Gloria Poole, at my apt in Missouri, which is my only residence; 25-jan-2014; at 1:59pm; I, Gloria Poole, am also known as Gloria in real life and on oil paintings since I sign my name that way in script on canvas; and on some sketches as Gloria Poole and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria0817; gpoole817; gloria.poole; gloria-poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749; Gloria Poole; Gloria Poole,RN; gloriapoole.RN [Registered Nurse]; and other variations of my real, born with and legal name of Gloria Poole and I do have a middle Christian name but I never sign it in my signature except when required by law. Also, as reminder, I am white, Christian, woman and the mother of two daughters who are Jennifer and Leigh; and a Registered Nurse, republican, prolife activist, and U S citizen born in Georgia. I paint in oils, acrylics, watercolors, goauche, tempera, inks, and draw and sketch in pencils, watercolors, goauche, acrylics, inks. I own some land in the state of Georgia along with my five siblings.

*Footnote: I define tweener as not adult, not child--somewhere in between.

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...