Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Prolife News and events March for LIFE Jan 22nd

I Gloria am updating this with these snippets of news on the #prolife cause. From 13 Jan, 2014: sent to my inbox to publicize:

http://www.citizenlink.com/2014/01/13/supreme-court-accepts-pro-life-case/ with quote: "The U.S. Supreme Court will hear a case involving billboards a pro-life group attempted to display in Ohio during the 2010 election.

The Susan B. Anthony (SBA) List attempted to post the signs to help educate voters during state Rep. Steve Driehaus’ re-election bid. The billboards highlighted his vote in support of Obamacare, connecting it to taxpayer-funded abortions. An Ohio law, though, prevented them from doing so. The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against the pro-life group.

“We are thrilled at the opportunity to have our arguments heard at the Supreme Court and hope that not only will SBA List’s First Amendment rights be affirmed, but those of all Americans,” said Marjorie Dannenfelser, the group’s president. “The Ohio Election Commission statute demonstrates complete disregard for the constitutional right of citizens to criticize their elected officials.” And another quote: "In an interesting turn of events, the ACLU filed a brief in support of the SBA List.

“The people have an absolute right to criticize their public officials,” ACLU stated in the brief. “The government should not be the arbiter of true or false speech and, in any event, the best answer for bad speech is more speech.”

Amazing that ACLU supports first amendment for prolifers! The ACLU's legal brief in support of prolifers' freedom of speech is "SBA List v Driehaus" and is a link on that article [scroll to bottom of article].

+\And from the http://www.courant.com/community/hcrs-84009-windsor-locks-20140111,0,5902790.story {Hartford Connecticut} with quote: "For the 36th year in a row, a bus from northern Connecticut will go to the March for Life to be held in Washington on Wednesday, Jan. 22. The bus leaves Tuesday night from two locations: All Saints Parish (Somersville) and Saint Mary Parish (Windsor Locks). Forty-one years of legal abortion is unacceptable. " There's a number in article, to call to reserve a seat, and the fee is very reasonable. { I am not catholic but Southern Baptist, but try help publicize prolife events.}

And from: http://crossmap.christianpost.com/news/gop-joining-march-for-life-gets-support-from-pro-life-movement-8426; with quote; "The unprecedented decision by Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus to delay the GOP annual meeting so members could join the March for Life and stand against abortion, has not gone unnoticed by prominent members of the Pro-Life movement. After numerous requests from members of the Senate and Congress to be given a chance to attend the March for Life, held in Washington annually on the anniversary of Roe V Wade, Priebus announced he would delay the January 22 meeting so members could attend." from Christian news wire. And quote: " To show that support the two organizations have combined to hold a Twitter event entitled, #March4LifeGOP"; and "Most recently a pro-life "twitterstorm" - #PrayToEndAbortion -trended on Twitter for 3 days." and "The #March4LifeGOP Tweetfest will be held on Wednesday, January 15 from 9am -- 9pm EST".

And from: http://www.personhoodfl.com/2014/01/08/personhood-fl-launches-new-prolife-constitutional-petition-to-end-abortion/ with quote: "The God-given right to life of every human being at any stage of development shall be recognized and protected. This provision shall be deemed to supersede any other inconsistent provisions.”

And from: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2014/january-web-only/roe-v-wade-prolife-abortion-court.html; with quote: "Forty years after the U.S. Supreme Court issued its Roe v. Wade decision, a leading pro-life legal expert believes the decision has never been more vulnerable to being overturned. In his new book, Abuse of Discretion: The Inside Story of Roe v. Wade, Clark Forsythe, senior legal counsel at Americans United for Life, details what he uncovered in examining the private papers of the justices, their case files, and oral arguments."

Also, see the previous post because it has my list of ideas of ways anyone could be a #prolife activist. The tide has turned in the U S and the majority of the population is #prolife. The tiny humans need all the help they can get to be born alive.

Also, fyi, I made a new blog yesterday and named it "Real Women Have Babies" and you can see it at: https://real-women-have-babies.blogspot.com.

And I tweeted at length on the #prolife cause in the past few days on my twitter accounts: @gloriapoole; @ProlifeNurse; @Tartan_Bliss, and @personhood1 and maybe my other twit also. So, you can follow me on those twitter accounts. Also, I put 6 more sketches I created on my tumblr at : gloriapoole.tumblr.com, and some on http://gloriapoole.wordpress.com and also http://gloriapoole1749.wordpress.com. I am not willing to upload my original photos of my original art to #Google drive { I am not crazy about apps and do not use them much,] so am not adding my art to #Google unless they change that bad idea of theirs, that everything has to flow through an app. I am a desktop person--tiny keyboards or no keyboards are not helpful to me at all. FYI.

Copyright notice: I Gloria Poole also known as Gloria and Gloria Poole, RN and on web as : gloriapoole; gloria0817; gpoole817; gloria.poole; gloria-poole; gloria_poole; gloriapoole1749; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; and as G-L-O-R-I-A , own all rights to my name and to the art I create and the photos I photograph. You may not download art I create or photos I photograph, nor use my name in any way. Gloria Poole is my real, born with and legal name. I am white, Christian, single, woman and the biological ,natural mother of 2 daughters who are Jennifer and Leigh. I was born in GA and own some land there. But I live in Missouri.

Gloria Poole, at my apt in Missouri; 14-Jan-2014 at 11:36am.

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...