Saturday, May 10, 2014

River life sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia;Update Mother's Day tributes

Copyrighted. See about me page for Copyright Notice.

I, Gloria Poole, drew this, painted, signed it, photographed it, and uploaded it to this blog of mine [as I always do]. You can actually see where I corrected or tried too one of the chair legs but the red was so dominant a color it broke through again after I had repainted with white, then with brown a few times. Oops. It's a do-over. This sketch is a reminder of a way of life when "going to the river" was the way to celebrate special occasions. There are some very memorable State parks with rivers and lakes in Georgia [where I, Gloria Poole, was born and lived most of my life] and I spent a lot of time at them as a child and during my first marriage. And of course, every state has State parks and most have rivers and or lakes in them. It's a laid back way of life--taking the boat, putting in at the public boat ramp, skiing, swimming, eating, all day long. This scene is intended to be a restful, sort of calming tranquility, where the dock has outdoor furniture for year round sitting, fishing, gazing at stars, eating. I am still trying to perfect my ability to draw and paint moving water whether lakes, rivers, streams, or oceans. It is not so easy because water reflects the light, the shadows, objects, clouds, whatever is near; and moves rapidly but can be still like a mirror. So, to get good at painting water [and also light and clouds] takes much practice and I draw something almost every day. Usually drawing is the easy part. Painting it is a bit more difficult to make water, clouds, light, atmosphere,objects, people, look 3 dimensional . So, here is today's effort, 9-May-2014 .

Also, yesterday I put more sketches I drew painted signed photographed and uploaded to other blogs of mine:

http://gloriapoole.wordpress.com

http://gloriapoole1749.wordpress.com

And a few days ago, I put a new batch of Royals on my gloria's blog at https://mini-exhibition.blogspot.com. And put the peacock sketches I have created on my blog at https://gloria0817.blogspot.com.

Posted to this blog of mine by me Gloria Poole and I sign my art as Gloria or Gloria Poole and usually with the year I completed it. From my own private apt in Missouri 9-May-2014 at 10:30amUpdated by me Gloria on 10-May-2014 to wish all mothers everywhere including myself a happy Mother's celebration. I wrote a poem today entitled "Real Women have babies" and put it on my blog at https://real-women-have-babies.blogspot.com. And yesterday, I put a new mini exhibit of art I created [of mostly pretend people] of mothers and their children to honor all mothers everywhere on my Gloria's blog at https://mini-exhibition.blogspot.com. So, all mothers or wannabee mothers [and fathers or wannabees too of course] should see both of those blogs of mine for original tributes in art and words that I made for the occasion of Mother's Day 2014 as way of honoring those who chose life for their children. Gloria Poole / gloriapoole / Gloria / gloria.poole; gloria-poole / @gloriapoole at my own apt in Missouri, 10 May 2014 at 10:31am.

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...