Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Michael Bloomberg sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia

I, Gloria Poole, residing in Missour but born in state of Georgia, am putting here the sketch I drew of Michael Bloomberg, from a photo in the Crossfire News a few days ago, and then painted today with what I call powdered pastels. I had to use acrylic around the edge of the painting because I am sort of rusty with that technique and "spilled" paint beyond where I intended, then tried to correct it with acrylic. Putting acrylic over powdered pastels is not a good solution as you see at edges of suit and on right side of head near ear. This sketch is a re-do. But here it is. World knows Michael Bloomberg for several reasons: Bloomberg LP [news of financial markets]; previous Mayor of New York City for 12 years; and most recently UN Ambassador and on the Board of Directors of a financial regulatory agency. I admit I was hesitant to attempt to draw him because though he says he is republican he thinks more like a democrat [and I hate democrats because their killing policy.] And also because he opposes the Second Amendment but I totally think right to bear arms to protect one's self and family and home is necessary for any people to remain free. The government has to fear the people enough to stay within the defined boundaries of Constitution. . What helped me decide whether to try to draw his image was this quote: Quote Mike Bloomberg: "but when an issue is important – and when it has life or death consequences – you don’t give up just because it’s difficult. You work harder. You press further." He was talking about controlling the environment but it's an apt wording for prolfe cause also. Quote from an interview w/ UN http://www.forbes.com/sites/rahimkanani/2014/03/05/mike-bloomberg-on-the-un-climate-change-and-how-obamas-efforts-are-just-not-enough/.

This is 9x 12 on paper and the fluffed part at his left ear but right side of paper was unintended [acrylic over-paint] so that is why it's a re-do. Sometimes it's long time before I re-do any because there's always more to draw than I have time to do. Also, couldn't quite decide what background would look right. So, world, see what you think.

Copyright Notice: This blog and all content on it, all words, all photos , and all art is copyrighted and may not be printed, copied, photocopied, printed at remote, reproduced, downloaded to anyone's disk or computer , without my written signature that I notarized before notary for a specific purpose. I do not have an artist's agent or rep and therefore no one can authorize the sell, transfer, barter of any art or words I create, but me Gloria. See full disclosure statement and copyright information that affects copyright enquiries on my about me page on this blog. This sketch is attached to my portable drawing board which is the brown that shows around it with metal clips.

Posted by me Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole / gloria-poole / gloria.poole and other variations of my real, born with name of Gloria Poole, at my private apt in Missouri; 6-May-2014 at 8:25am.

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...