Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Missouri Legislature you knocked it outa ballpark!

First I thank all viewers of my blogs. You make my day! And month! And year!

Today's news is very relevant to me because I have survived four physical assaults on me by a man who stood before a Pastor and swore to love me. I am divorcd from him since 2007 but I have some permanent injuries caused by him on purpose. In this morning's news are 2 articles that affect me personally and I want the Missouri Legislators to know that they are on the right track with the pending bill. There is a well developed network that enables abusers that has existed probably since Adam and Eve. However, some people are beginning to have " aha moments" when they realize that it can be disassembled bit by bit. I know people who have never experienced violence against them and they are so blessed in that way. It's hard for them to comprehend but the reality is shocking when you research the numbers of women killed by violent partners. In today's K3 TV news also is another article about a man who drove around his ex's apartment building 18 times, broke into her apartment and set it on fire. My ex-husband also said he did those sort of things and that he had "training in terroristic ways".

Here's the encouraging news from Missouri's State Legislature this morning:

Missouri Legislature making great strides in stopping violent abusers:

Quote:"

"The Victim Center’s Executive Director ... says the cost of court proceedings is usually a huge determining factor in those next steps. Not having to worry about those fees would remove a lot of barriers for survivors.

”They feel very outraged by having to pay those costs because they often feel like, hey, this happened to me,” Bartel says. “This was of no fault of my own. This was because another person chose to do a violent act and now the victim has to literally pay.”

If passed, the proposal allows a court to order one party to pay the other party’s attorney’s fees throughout the proceeding....

...this would be huge for victims, especially because there are so many other costs resulting from the crime. some victims may not have their income [ comment: because the violent abuser knows where they work and threatened to blow up the building so they stay away] .... The proposal also states if a person is served with an order of protection and doesn’t show up to court, they are responsible to know the conditions that were set by the judge at the hearing. Sponsor Representative Lane Roberts says that’s crucial...that would be a big step for survivors and take away some of the power abusers have.

Another key piece of this bill, allowing a victim to testify in a video conference during the criminal proceedings...

“There’s nothing that prevents them from following us home after that court proceeding happens. Or just the simple vulnerability of being in the parking lot and having to make it from your car to the door of the courthouse.” [comment: or lurking in the parking lot of where victim lives just waiting for victim to walk out the door]

Read article at:

https://www.ky3.com/2022/01/04/proposal-missouri-legislature-adds-more-protection-domestic-violence-survivors/

Today 4Jan2022;5:14am

More on how victims of violence are forced to endure situations they have almost no control of:

Quote:

The Terrifying Potential of the 5G Network "The future of wireless technology holds the promise of total connectivity. But it will also be especially susceptible to cyberattacks and surveillance."

Source:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/annals-of-communications/the-terrifying-potential-of-the-5g-network;

4Jan2022 after googling why carriers are not responsible for putting content from old phones [that they force consumers to " upgrade" to 24/7surveillance tools] onto new " upgraded" phones?

In other words, why should consumers lose YEARS of photos and replies on texts that matter simply because cell phn carriers want to charge more? For people who don't download movies on tiny devices [compared to big 27inch computers], 5g is no improvement nor advantage. In fact, it makes the phones way more unpredictable, because if internet is down, phones don't work on 5g, correct?

And they put all content on phones on forced-upon-consumers-wifi-of-closest-stranger! Isn't it fact that 5G hands-off cellular service to closest wifi?

5G is a NIGHTMARE to women who are victims of violence.

For women who were nearly killed by violent men, the idea of all of their text messages and phone calls going over the web is not merely terrifying, but illness-producing, with stomach churning anxiety about even answering any phone call. All cell phone calls are basically unknown to the recipient since only a number appears on phone [ there is no real caller identity on cell phones] ; and if number is not recognized by recipient, it's a calculated guess to answer it or reply to texts. 5G is NOT going to help women nor minor children. It is going to put them in danger of being stalked 24/7 .

The only 2 advantages of 5G are speed and latency. But having all text messages written or received by an unmarried woman who was physically assaulted and injured for life, downloaded in 4 seconds by her assailant, is TERRIFYING! Women [and I am speaking for myself with this comment] try to prevent unknown men [or their women accomplices] from accessing their devices/phones/computers. We collectively [all women ever physically injured on purpose by an intimate partner/spouse/ex-husband] do not want to SPEED UP the STALKING online OR WITH OUR OWN PHONES of our lives!

For the record, I am a white, christian, unmarried, twice-divorced,U S citizen who has lived privately in Missouri since 2009. However, I was born in the state of Georgia and still own some land there.

I have written on this topic, tweeted on it for years, texted about it to my 2 grown daughters [Jennifer and Leigh] and have still no gurarantees that the man who tried to kill me will ever be punished, or will be prevented from lurking outside my building watching the door for me to appear innocently on an errand. I have never received the money promised to me in a Court of law in Arapahoe County Colorado for injuries caused to me. That so-called plea bargain was a trick of the court to give evil man a "get out of jail free card"at my expense. I have ten metal scresws and metal plate in my leg to correct splintered bone caused by evil man I was married to at the time [divorced from since 2007]. I have PTS syndrome and every noise in the breezeway of my building in the wee hours causes me to be instantly awake, on guard for break in. I saw my then-husband kick in a door that was bolted before. I lived through his hands-on efforts to strangle me, and when he shoved me out of a moving car, and when he tried to poison me by putting a substance I had never ingested before in a hamburger, [?arsenic, or what?] that caused me to feel like my heart burst physically within a few minutes of eating. And I lived through when he [male DBP] put his hands on my splintered bone leg and tried to twist off my foot while saying he was "going to make sure I never ran from him again". And the Nebraska State Patrol helped me when that same man abandoned me at a "coffee stop" in Nebraska on interstate with no phone, no money [he controlled both] in the night. And the Missouri State Patrol helped me in Columbia Missouri when I was 99% percent certain the car that was sitting facing the access road with lights on that flashed his lights at me when I exited building of my then-apartment was my 2nd exhusband DBP, who stalked me to bank. Or tried too. But I circled back, went the long way [because I had to pay my rent and couldn't not go to bank, so it was a deliberate trap set for me.] And walked up the grassy hill to ATM instead of via paved lot because I was afraid he was in parking lot, and Missouri State Patrol was there, [thank GOD!] and reassured me. My relief that moment in time was palpable. I could tell more of this but tears are in my eyes so I am going to let this suffice for now.

Posted 4Jan 2022 at 8:31am, by me Gloria Poole,Registered Nurse, artist, in my own apartment in Springfield Missouri, as is usually true using my own Apple iMac computer , my own router I bought, my own skills and my own testimony. This post and any post/tweet/text message I have written on this topic may be admitted into evidence in any court to bring violent, dangerous man to justice; and to help the cause of all victims of violence around the world. Gloria Jean Poole is my real born with name for the record and I resumed it lawfully after both divorces. I

Dogwood tree near me photo-by-gloriapoole Republic Missouri

I, Gloria Poole,gloriaoole, photograhed this blooming Dogwood tree that's very near my apartment on walkabout about a week ago. Copyrigh...