Friday, February 20, 2015

Thank you to Oklahoma's Senator James Lankford for standing in the gap for religious beliefs; Update

I, Gloria Poole, RN, artist of Missouri and Georgia, am quoting The Christian Examiner with this #Prolife news today 16 Feb 2015:

"Oklahoma's newly elected Senator James Lankford (R), who co-chairs the Congressional Prayer Caucus, told CNS News Feb. 11 that Congress should, in fact, disapprove the Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Act of 2014 signed into law by D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser at the end of January. The local ordinance which would affect national organizations as well as local institutions based in the nation's capital is currently undergoing a 30-day review before being sent to Congress." ... The debate on The Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act which "prevents religious institutions, faith-based employers and pro-life advocacy organizations in the District of Columbia from making employment decisions consistent with "their sincerely held religious beliefs or moral convictions about the sanctity of human life." includes letters to Congress to oppose the clearly discriminatory-against-religion-act. Signatories to the letter included the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Family Research Council, the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the National Association of Evangelicals and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. In total, 14 religious and pro-life organizations signed the Feb. 5 letter.

The groups also expressed concern about the Human Rights Amendment Act of 2014. The letter states the law violates the First Amendment and RFRA because it "requires religiously affiliated educational institutions to endorse, sponsor, and provide school resources to persons or groups that oppose the institutions' religious teachings regarding human sexuality."

Lankford's support of the groups comes as no surprise to some. In mid-January, the Congressional Prayer Caucus', co-chair and founding member, Rep. Randy Forbes, R-Va., touted Lankford's "staunch commitment to protecting the constitutional right of religious freedom," and his willingness to fight "for the ability of all Americans to freely exercise and live by their religious beliefs."

Read article at http://www.christianexaminer.com/article/oklahoma.senator.backs.religious.groups.fighting.for.their.religious.rights/48382.htm.

This matters very much to all U S citizens precisely because what The District of Washington DC is attempting is an attack on religion itself, and it is an effort to force Christian , Jews, and Muslims to hire people to work for them who do not abide by their religious beliefs which is a clear violation of the First Amendment; and it is an attempt to "neuter" any and all religious principles by forcing an atheistic point of view on subjects which all holy books including The Holy Bible address.

I am posting this information here as my protest of Washington's DC's attempt to make religious groups, churches, universities hire atheists, and support causes that violate religious truths.

Reminder of actual words of the First Amendment to the U S constitution:

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Therefore since by U S Constitutional authority, Congress must vote on any law that D.C. attempts to pass since it is the nation's capital city, they must VOTE NO to DC 's bill to discriminate against religions.

My signature on one of my 2015 personal logos."

My dip pens I displayed in shape of Cross to assert that I am Christian citizen journo, cartoonist, illustrator, artist, writer, blogger in solidarity with all journalists and decent cartoonists in the industry of news and journalism.

My photograph of the U S flag to remind all I am a U S citizen by birth in state of Georgia with all civil liberties.

This is my hand on one of my christian crosses to remind all that I am Southern Baptist/ Great Commission baptist and do not make nor worship images of GOD THE FATHER in heaven nor of JESUS THE MESSIAH as told about in the scriptures nor do I bow down in worship to any thing. I obey the commandments of GOD as written in Exodus chapter 20, KJV.

These are my copyright notices for my blog , my cameras, my cell phones that I photograph with, my name written in several ways.

Copyright notice 7 February 2015 at 12:36pm: This blog and all content, all words, all photos and all art on it were created and posted by me Gloria Poole , RN, artist of Missouri and Georgia. I usually sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name I was born with but occasionally I also sing my legal, born with surname of Poole also. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, twice divorced Christian woman and the mother of two grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone . I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. The telephones listed on this account belong to me and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words and or art and or photos that I create bel*og exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole /gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria at my apt in Missouri on 7 Feb 2015 at 12:45pm which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and nether is my sip account shared with anyone. Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 16 Feb 2015 at 11:27am. Update on 20th Feb 2015 at 11:09 am to add notification that I put medical information about how to prevent and treat carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae that occurs on medical scopes, on my blog for #publichealth:

https://gloriapoole-RN_artist.blogspot.com, yesterday. I also put my sketch in oils I created and had tweeted about on another blog of mine for art I create:

https://mini-exhibition.blogspot.com. Gloria Poole,RN,artist; Missouri and Georgia , at my own apt in Missouri 20 Feb 2015 at 11:11am

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...