Friday, March 13, 2015

Sketches urban decay and renewal and trending toward Picasso by Gloria Poole, RN,artist of Missouri and Georgia

I drew this with watercolor pencils, then applied water over it to make sketch but drew tree in pencil and then in India ink. I named it "urban decay and renewal". It is 8 x 11 in my sketch book. I buy sketch books every time I fill up one. So, I keep most of them intact. I have torn the pages out of some of them at the perforated line however. I had the idea for the tree from 2 places: I saw on TV a rooftop garden in New York City and thought what a great idea! When I was in nursing school in Atlanta GA [ Georgia Baptist] and lived in the 10 story dorm, we, as students could go on the roof to lay in our swimsuits to get a sun tan, and I did that some. There was no pool or garden, just space to spread blanket and tan. And of course, my other idea for tree is from book of Revelations about the "tree of life" . So that is how I arrive at this idea that I drew. Also, see second sketch I created same time frame below.

I drew this sketch first in layout pencil #555 and then photographed it, then painted it with watercolors and tempera. I named it "trending toward Picasso" because I usually create more realistic art, and occasionally surreal art. I have a book of Picassa art and I study it from time to time. Picasso "fractured" his art at times to make it different. Since I worked in operating room as Registered Nurse for several years, it sort of goes against my nature to behave destructively . I like to "fix" things and was born with that desire, according to my mother [MJBP] who said I tried to fix every broken thing in the house by the time I was two years old. I wanted to create an obviously "fake" image of the sort of "woman" that appears in art by Picasso, and by that Russian artist, whose name I cannot think of at the moment, but art historians and Majors probably know who I am referring too. It's been years since I studied art history. It's just a simple sketch, and I almost morphed it to name it "medusa" as you see from the 2 watercolor hair patterns that are different from the others. I read about medusa when I studied mythology [in public school, not as University major] but I decided I didn't want to create a bad image, so changed my mind in the middle of it. So, anyway, here it is.

Also, I did create a poster for the contest my city in Missouri holds annually and it is a combination of design and paint, and I submitted it in person yesterday to be entered into the contest here in Missouri. I want to publicly thank them for allowing me to bring it there for them to scan into the proper form. That solved a problem for me. I am very excited to have entered because it is the first time I entered my art into any sort of contest to be judged by others. I cannot show that poster to the public yet, but think the city will in due time. This is merely to confirm that I am the same woman who was in the Cultural Affairs office yesterday.

Below are photos that represent me personally that I add to my blogs intermittently to remind people of who I am and where I am since my blogs have been attacked before [because of being prolife and Christian]. I logged back in to change my theme to purple because amethyst is one of my favorite stones and I have several of them in jewelry which I wear at times. I was not sure what sort of leaf was on that former theme so decided to not give the appearance of promoting evil.

This is one of my personal logos I created with digital ink for 2015.

This is my hand on one of my christian crosses to remind world that I am Southern Baptist Christian and make no apology for JESUS, as my Saviour and that I adhere to the Holy Bible as my life's little instruction book.

This is my photo of the U S flag which I photographed on walkabout to remind all that I was born in the state of Georgia and am U S citizen by birth.

These are my copyright notices for words, art I create and photos I photograph with any camera or cell phone and with my name written several ways as I have written it on web for years.

As always this blog and all content on it belongs exclusively to me Gloria Poole, RN, artist of Missouri and I own all rights to it. I do not have a son, and I have only 2 grown daughters named Jennifer and Leigh who also have minor children of their own. Copyright notice 7 February 2015 at 12:36pm: This blog and all content, all words, all photos and all art on it were created and posted by me Gloria Poole , RN, artist of Missouri and Georgia. Usually I sign the art I create as simply Gloria since that is my first name I was born with; but on pencil drawings I often also sign my born with surname of Poole. I am also known on the web and in real life as Gloria Poole; Gloria J Poole; Gloria Poole, RN, artist; and on the web as : gloriapoole; gloria-poole; gloria.poole; Ms Gloria Poole; gloriapoole.RN; gloriapoole_RN; gloriapooleRN at yahoo; gloria0817; gpoole817; artist-gloriapoole; gloriapoole-paintings; artist-gloria; Poole,Gloria; gloriapoole1749; and other variations of my real, born with, and legal name of Gloria Poole. For the record, I am a white, twice divorced Christian woman and the mother of two grown daughters who are named Jennifer and Leigh. I am also a prolife activist, blogger, artist in all mediums; photographer for my own purposes, Registered Nurse with a license in Missouri but before that for most of my life in the state of Georgia, U.S. citizen born in the state of Georgia; University of Georgia alum, Georgia Baptist College of Nursing alum, writer, illustrator, author. This blog may not be downloaded, nor copied individually or collectively as a whole; nor have domains forwarded to it that do not belong to me, nor may the photos or art on it be reproduced or saved to disk by anyone . I create all content on this blog and I, Gloria Poole, own all rights to this blog collectively and individually as single posts. The telephones listed on this account belong to me and are in my apartment in Missouri or in my possession at all times. Some of my numbers are wired, landline telephones and some are mobile phones. This blog and all blogs that I create and that contain my words and or art and or photos that I create bel*og exclusively to me Gloria Poole, of Missouri and Georgia. Copyright. Gloria Poole /gloriapoole /gloria-poole /gloria.poole/ Ms Gloria Poole/ Poole Gloria at my apt in Missouri on 7 Feb 2015 at 12:45pm which is not shared with anyone and neither is my equipment nor phones shared with anyone, and nether is my isp account shared with anyone. Gloria Poole, RN, artist; at my apt in Missouri on 13 March 2015 at 10:46am

Spring has sprung boating time sketch by #Gloria

I drew this, painted it, signed it, put year and my town on it and photographed it on my drawing board [see metal clips to left] with sever...